1.WHAT KIND OF MANUSCRIPTS DOES ROBOT CONSIDER?
Robot is interested in a wide range of manuscripts presenting original research and commentary in the fields of interdisciplinary of robotics science and technology. For all contributions the acceptance criteria are quality, originality, and scientific and technological relevance to the field. An adequate referencing to the state-of-the-art is essential.
2.WHAT PERCENTAGE OF SUBMISSIONS DOES ROBOT ACCEPT?
Because of the stiff competition for space in the journal, Robot now accepts less than 16% of the manuscripts submitted. Most submissions are evaluated by the staff editors and executive editor-in-chief for potential significance, quality, and interest. They evaluate manuscripts electronically within one week to 10 days, provide prompt, expert assessment and input into editorial decisions, and select reviewers. About 60% of submitted manuscripts are rejected during this initial screening stage.
3. HOW SHOULD I PREPARE A MANUSCRIPT FOR ROBOT?
Visit the Instruction
where general guidelines are provided regarding the preparation of manuscript, including abstract, graphics, references, et al.. Instructions and templates in word files can be downloaded here
4. DOES ROBOT ACCEPT THE SUBMISSIONS WHICH ARE TRANSLATED VERSIONS OF INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OR PROCEEDING PUBLICATIONS?
Robot does not accept any translated articles of published papers. Without our permission, authors should not translate any their papers on Information and Control into any language, and have them published in any other journal or proceedings worldwide.
5. HOW DO I SUBMIT MY PAPER FOR REVIEW, OR FOR PUBLICATION?
Please login Manuscript Central for submission. Don’t send your manuscript to the editorial office through e-mail.
6. WHAT SHOULD I DO IF I CAN NOT UPLOAD MY SUBMISSION?
It may be caused by the following reasons: (1) The filename is too long. (2) The size of the file exceeds 1M. (3) The type of the file is unacceptable. The file name extension should be ‘.doc’ instead of ‘.DOC’. (4) Register online repeatedly. You can contact the editorial office through e-mail or phone for help.
7. HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE FOR PRELIMINARY REVIEW AND PEER-REVIEW?
Preliminary review usually takes one week to 10 days. Time for peer-review is 30 days.
8. THE MANUSCRIPT CENTRAL SHOWED THE RESULTS OF PEER-REVIEW ONE MONTH AGO, WHY IS MY SUBMISSION STILL IN THE PROCESS OF PEER-REVIEW?
The process of peer-review will be closed once comments of at least two reviewers are received. When two comments are disagree, an additional reviewer will be invited to give extra comment.
9. HOW SHOULD I PREPARE FIGURES FOR ROBOT?
Make sure you use specified lettering and sizing of your original figures. Embed the used fonts if the application provides that option. Illustrations should be both in Chinese and in English. Use the following fonts in your illustrations: Times New Roman, Symbol, or use fonts that look similar. Number the illustrations according to their sequence in the text. Vector graphics are required for publication.
10. ROBOT REJECTED MY MANUSCRIPT. SHOULD I REVISE IT AND SUBMIT IT AGAIN?
The manuscript that has been submitted before will be rejected automatically. However, if you feel that you can suitably address the reviewers' comments, you can revise the reviewers' comments and resubmit your manuscript with another title.
11. MAY I HAVE AN UPDATE AS TO THE STATUS OF MY SUBMITTED PAPER?
You can login to your account to check the status of your paper at any time.
12. WHO SHOULD I CONTACT ABOUT CORRECTIONS TO ERRORS IN A PUBLISHED PAPER?
Please contact the Editor, WANG Haixin or ZHANG Chen through e-mail or phone. The contact information is at Contact Us
13. MY ADDRESS HAS CHANGED. HOW DO I ENSURE THAT A COPY OF MY PAPER GETS MAILED TO ME?
Please update personal information/contact details online in time.